This #MoveInMiami, support the academic success of ALL Miami's students, faculty, and staff by giving to the University Libraries.
A gift to the University Libraries will benefit all Miami students, faculty, and staff by supporting library resources and initiatives. With your support, we can continue to develop and offer the resources, spaces, and services that fuel discovery, inquiry, and success at Miami University.
3 great projects to support
SUPPORT THE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES
A gift to the University Libraries will benefit all Miami students, faculty, and staff by supporting library resources and initiatives. With your support, we can continue to develop and offer tools that fuel discovery, inquiry, and success, such as:
- Access to more than 38 million books and journals and 500+ research databases through the power of OhioLINK—and the personalized support to help students and faculty navigate it all.
- The Makerspace, an open-door, experiential learning space where Miamians from every major can learn how to prototype, test, and iterate on their ideas by using laser cutters, 3D printers, multimedia production equipment, and virtual and augmented reality in their academic and personal projects.
- Software checkout, which lets students check out licenses online for industry-leading software like the Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, and Logic Pro to use on their own computers at no cost.
- Digitization of special collections and archives materials, including all which preserves Miami and Western College history and makes rare treasures discoverable to all.
- MyGuide, a smart, custom-programmed web dashboard that shows students the most relevant resources, research guides, and librarians for the courses they're currently taking.
WALTER HAVIGHURST SPECIAL COLLECTIONS & ARCHIVES
Join us in celebrating the 50th anniversary of the naming of the Walter Havighurst Special Collections and University Archives by helping to support the next 50 years and beyond.
From rare books and manuscripts, to unique materials from Miami’s past, to the stewardship of the Oxford College and Western College for Women archives, the Walter Havighurst Special Collections and University Archives play a critical role in telling the story of Miami University and Oxford, Ohio.
To mark 50 years since its naming and the establishment of its endowment, the Walter Havighurst Special Collections and University Archives invite you to two public events:
• Two Scholars: Havighurst and ShriverTuesday, Sept. 26 at 4 p.m. in King 320
Presented by William Pratt, Professor Emeritus
• Special Collections Academic Showcase CelebrationSunday, Oct. 22 at 3 p.m. in King 320
Moderated by Professor Emeritus Curt Ellison and featuring Miami and community researchers who leverage the Walter Havighurst Special Collections and University Archives in their scholarship
Donations support the efforts of staff and librarians to further develop rare and unique collections, preserve Miami’s history, and make the past accessible to researchers at Miami and around the world.
KING LIBRARY FLAGSHIP RENOVATION PROJECT
Help build the future of Miami University's Libraries by supporting the King Library Flagship Renovation Project, which is working to transform King Library into a modern, welcoming, and robust library for today's Miamians—and generations to come.
In 2017, the Libraries unveiled our Facilities Master Plan, envisioning a true flagship library for Miami University through a transformational, $50 million renovation of King Library. To achieve this goal, we've divided the full plan into impactful and achievable phases, all coordinated to build on one another to fulfill a vision of a library to serve Miami and its community now and into the future.
Construction is anticipated to begin this fall on a bold first step: transforming a former computer lab into a suite of vibrant and inviting collaborative spaces that integrate with the popular adjacent instruction room.
Drag the slider to preview the exciting changes to come:
The area's design and materials will set the standard for the work still to come in our plan for the first and ground floors, and ultimately, the whole building.
Each phase builds upon the one before, creating incremental but high-impact change that all drives toward our larger vision.
Students, faculty, and staff have clearly articulated their need for a modernized flagship library, and so the Libraries are investing in this crucial infrastructure project to meet their needs and reflect the caliber of Miami's scholarship.